What is the Accident Medical Plan?
The Accident Medical Expense Plan reimburses covered medical expenses for care and treatment of an accidental bodily injury for members engaged in a covered travel or sporting activity.
- AAA Rate: $8.50 per member per year
- Guaranteed Acceptance
- No Medical Exam
- No Health Questions
What activities are covered?
- Driving or riding in a private passenger automobile
- Driving a private passenger motorcycle
- Accidents while riding as a passenger on a common carrier such as a boat or airplane
- Accidents while swimming at a public beach or pool with a lifeguard on duty
- Accidentally shot while hunting in a field
- Struck by a golf ball or golf club while playing golf or as a spectator on a golf course
- Involved in a private passenger auto accident as a pedestrian or bicyclist
For a complete list of covered activities, refer to the Description of Coverage.
What are the benefits for covered activities?
- Pays $5,000 Accidental Death and up to $5,000 Dismemberment. The amount payable for dismemberment varies based on the injury suffered.
- Pays up to $1,200 to reimburse covered medical expenses
What are the types of medical expenses covered?
They include, but are not limited to: Emergency Room, Hospital Room, Prescription Drugs, X-rays and Diagnostics, Ambulance, Physical Therapy, Medical Equipment Rental, Casts and Splints, and Dental Work due to Accidental Bodily Injury.
How do you enroll?
There are three easy ways to enroll:
- Call 1-800-222-1469
- Stop by your local AAA office
- Mail the Coverage Activation form and premium to: AAA Southern Pennsylvania | 2840 Eastern Boulevard | York, PA 17402
For additional details:
- Review a copy of the Description of Coverage for complete Terms & Conditions (with how to file a claim on the last page)
- Review a copy of the Brochure (with Coverage Activation Form)
- Review a copy of the Medical Expense Claim Form
- Review a copy of the Death Claim Form
Insurance is underwritten by FEDERAL INSURANCE COMPANY, a Chubb company. This information is a brief description of the important features of this insurance plan. It is not an insurance contract. Coverage may not be available in all states or certain terms may be different where required by state law. Chubb NA is the U.S.-based operating division of the Chubb Group of Companies, headed by Chubb Ltd. (NYSE:CB) Insurance products and services are provided by Chubb insurance underwriting companies and not by the parent company itself.