Top Ten Reasons to Cruise in 2017
1. Rivers anyone? Imagine gently sailing past medieval castles on the Rhine, or cruising through the magnificent cities of Vienna and Budapest on the Danube. River cruising is inspiring, to say the least. Whether you are looking for a vacation that is full of invigorating activity or simply pure relaxation, river cruising is sure to please all vacationers.
2. Fun for all ages! Kids of every age, both young and young-at-heart, can enjoy the magic of the DreamWorks experience on a Royal Caribbean cruise, find “everything Disney” on an AMA Waterways riverboat experience, and enjoy “Family Adventures” on a Uniworld river cruise. Many sailings have prepared itineraries around school schedules, and offer excursions and activities that have been developed for children and families. AAA Travel Agents can help you choose and plan the perfect adventure for your family.
3. See multiple destinations and unpack only once! How else can you visit Italy and France without unpacking and repacking every night? On a cruise, you sleep in the same bed every night, and wake up in a different place every morning. Can’t choose between St. Lucia or Barbados? Choose an itinerary that visits both locations.
4. A cruise vacation offers great value. Cruising is relatively cheap and includes nearly everything your vacation needs: food, accommodations, entertainment, and more! Plus, there are amazing deals coming in 2017, and AAA Members can take advantage of AAA Member Benefits to add even more value to your trip.
5. It is absolutely the best way to see Cuba. Cuba is very new to the cruising industry. In 2016, Carnival Corporation’s newest cruise brand, Fathom, added three unforgettable Cuban ports to sailings on Fathoms Adonia. You’ll travel with knowledge experts that will ensure you get the most out this new travel experience.
6. Group travel. Traveling with a group can sometimes be overwhelming. On a cruise ship, you have the luxury of getting away in a port or enjoying some down time on the ship while easily connecting with your friends for dinner and sharing stories of your activities for the day.
7. Sailing securely from your homeport is easy. Check out sailings from your two homeports in Baltimore or Cape Liberty, New Jersey, or enjoy itineraries from other U.S. ports, such as San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, Galveston, New Orleans and Florida to name a few.
8. Try something new this year. The Yukon is a vast, pristine wilderness new to the Alaskan cruise industry. Also, the new locks on the Panama Canal make it a must-see travel destination. Call your AAA Travel Agent to explore special groups traveling in 2017.
9. Specialty dining is everywhere. Most cruise ships have a wide variety of dining options available on each vessel. If you prefer to elevate your dining experience, it’ll be well worth the extra coin. Don’t just dine on a ship, make it an experience.
10. Have your vacation paid for before you leave! Leave all your worries at home when cruising from port to port. Your meals, gratuities and, if you decide to purchase, beverage package are all paid for before you set sail.
To plan your vacation, call a AAA Travel professional toll-free 1-800-222-1469 or stop by your local AAA branch.